For any electric bike, battery is like a fuel tank and it needs to be refilled (recharged) again and again. So if you ride an electric bike from YObykes, you need to know how to maintain your bike and how you can improve its battery life in order to always enjoy the smooth ride.
Before you ride it for the first time, it is necessary to charge the battery for 6-8 hours using the supplied charger. Before you plug the charger into a wall power socket in order to charge the battery, first remove the protective cover from the charging socket and then plug in the charger into the charging socket. A complete charging generally requires around 6 to 8 hours.
An indicator light is provided on the charger body of the electric bikes offered by YObykes. When it’s being charged, it will turn red and when the battery is fully charged, it will turn green. Our electric bikes are powered by four 12V, 12Ah or 12V, 20Ah, 24Ah, 33Ah & 40Ah batteries wired in a series to provide 48 volts. And all batteries charge simultaneously.
Tips to improve battery life
* Charge your electric bike if it has not been used for 3-4 weeks or more
* Always charge the battery in dry and ventilated place to clear the gases emitted from the batteries
* Ensure that the power switch is OFF when you are charging your bike
* Battery should not be stored in discharged condition for any length of time
* Always use the charger provided by YObykes
* Don’t expose the battery to heat, fire or water
* Don’t try to dismantle the charger or the battery
* Don’t expose the battery to extremely high or low temperatures
* Stop charging if any burning smell or overheating is observed
If you keep in mind these tips, you can definitely improve the battery life of your electric bike.